CAREERS AT LOCAL 804 FCU
Join a dynamic team dedicated to serving its mission to deliver value to our members. Local 804 Federal Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive benefits/vacation package.
Send your resume to [email protected]
Current Open Positions:
Member Service Representative/Teller
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
We are looking for someone who is interested in helping our members finance what they need and save for the future.
- Assisting members with their Credit Union deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, online banking and other financial services or questions either in person, on the phone, by mail or fax.
- Balancing each day’s transactions and verifying totals.
- Performing a broad variety of member services functions such as opening and closing accounts, issuing and renewing certificates of deposit, and assisting members with bookkeeping and checking account issues.
- Answering members’ questions regarding Credit Union services and perform a variety of account maintenance. Actively cross-sells Credit Union services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Present and explain Credit Union services and products to members and assist in meeting their financial needs.
- Opens and close accounts. Orders checks for members. Complete payroll deduction and authorization forms.
- Answers questions and solve problems for members by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the inquiring party.
- Resolve member bookkeeping and checking account issues.
- Take stop payment orders. Receive and direct members and telephone calls. Respond to inquiries and questions if possible or direct them as necessary. Record and relays messages. Perform file maintenance and account changes as needed.
- Keep members informed of Credit Union services and policies, including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Maintain and project the Credit Union’s professional reputation. Maintain privacy of member account information.
- Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services. Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management. Assist area personnel as required.
- Keep supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns. Complete required reports and records accurately and promptly. Attend meetings as required. Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned. Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained. Perform related clerical duties as required.
- Scan daily work and perform such other teller functions that might be needed from time to time, and assist others to complete tasks and work assignments. Ensure that teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED– Previous experience in a Credit Union environment/financial institution preferred but not required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES– Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; excellent math aptitude.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION– High School diploma/GED required, advanced education preferred
LANGUAGE SKILLS– Must be able to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Must be able to respond effectively and in a timely manner to member needs.
Apply Today: [email protected]